User Review( votes)
This duck and raspberry salad with raspberry vinaigrette is a classic salad. It used to be a very seasonal dish but now that great raspberries can bought year round it’s easy to make whenever you want to a quick and easy romantic meal or just a delicious salad.
Duck is a delicious meat that I feel is somewhat overlooked and often times misunderstood. Who doesn’t love crispy Peking duck or a good confit duck leg. But thats only the start, if we are to just look at the breast, it is the perfect combination of chicken, beef and pork; Tender juicy breast that should be cooked to medium like a steak and that has pork like crispy crackling.
Due its strong flavour, duck is also versatile, it can paired with something sweet for example fruits, or other savoury ingredients as in cassoulet, it can even handle a generous amount of spice.
In this salad this salad the duck is cooked to a perfect medium doneness, with crispy crackling and accompanied with fresh sweet raspberries. I’ve made a simple vinaigrette using raspberry vinegar to help cut through the richness and to bring the whole dish together.
Perfectly Pink Duck & Raspberry Salad
This duck salad with raspberry vinaigrette is a brasserie classic: visually arresting, sophisticated flavours yet quick & simple to cook.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time25 min
- Serving Size2
- 2 duck breasts
- 150g raspberries
- Mixed watercress and salad leaves
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to full.
- Score the skin of the duck breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the duck breast in a cold oven-proof pan skin side done. Place the pan on a medium heat and cook until the skin is crispy and golden brown. Flip the duck and and place the pan in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the duck from the pan and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile make the dressing, combine the mustard, raspberry vinegar and jam in small bowl. Gradually add the olive oil until it is completely emulsified.
- To plate, start by placing the salad leaves on the plate, dot around a few raspberries. Slice the duck thinly and place over the salad and drizzle with the vinaigrette.